Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Door to do the Chore

I love old vintage doors. I was able to talk my hubby into buying one for me after looking days for a good deal I was able to find a door for $40.00 which was not to bad considering the great usage we are now getting out of it!
We took this old door and made it into...


a distressed/vintage coffee table and an end table..

 We just sawed the top of the door off. Thanks to my Dad's handy tools and help I was able to do this in just 4 days. Tay and I really loved how it turned out! The color is a bit dull because I took these photos with my phone. (We sold our camera to get a more simpler camera and so in the mean time we get to enjoy these dull looking pictures)



Building these two pieces of furniture was a lot of work but totally worth it! I love taking old or used things and making them into something functional. 
We are now in the process of finding a new rug and fabric to make couch pillows to go with our new furniture. When I get the whole look put together I will post more pictures:)


1 comments:

Mandi said...

So freaking cute! Jord's cousin is saving two old doors for me to use somehow in our home when it's done. I can't wait to do something with them. I love yours! You're so good at turning things into something beautiful. I'm not joking when I say I seriously need your expertise when we move it! I love you you're freaking great and your belly pic is the cutest ever. I need to see you asap! Callllll me!

Post a Comment