Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Precious Red Head:)

Today was a bitter sweet day.
Last week my Great Aunt Hortense died. Today was her funeral. 
She is married to the last patriarch of the LDS church, Eldred Smith. Together they have helped the church grow so much. They were really good friends with Thomas S. Monson (the Prophet of the Church of Latter Day Saints) So we had the great privilege to hear him speak at her funeral and also M Russell Ballard. The spirit was so strong. The thing I enjoyed about this funeral is that it was not sad, Hortense lived a very full, wonderful life. Like President Monson said, "She devoted and gave all of herself, that is all you can do is give of yourself". He said such wonderful things about her and it made me want to be a better person so that when the day comes that I die, I can know I gave this life my ALL. 

(You can kind of see my baby bump, my cute little individual is sure growing fast, gosh I love him! 
And you can see this is my cute red headed Aunt...age 93 and her hubby is 104 we all thought he would go first but he is still living his life to the fullest!)
Here is my cute Grams (on the left) and Mary. They lost their sister but Heaven gained a great missionary!:)


Tata till next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment