Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Slice of Natural

For any of you that are interested in eating healthier and saving money in the long run these 3 machines are very handy:

This little machine is the Norpro Flaker aka grain grinder...
the cost is around $60 dollars
I use these to grind wheat for mush aka oatmeal. Great way to start the day, we also add millet
to add more of a thick texture. Millet is also good for you. There are tons of different grains you can add in mush. Lots of the grains have a plentiful amount of protein in them, which is way better for you then the diet Protein shakes.
This is an automatic grain flaker. We use this to make oats. I was so sick of spending 5 bucks for a small box of oats when I could buy a bag of fresh oats and grind them for the same price but the amount of oats is triple the quantity of the Quaker oats store bought kind.



 and my favorite....the whisper mill.
This is what I use to grind fresh whole wheat flour for our bread. Very easy and very worth it! Store bought whole wheat flour is not obviously as fresh and a lot of the nutrients is lost from sitting on the store shelf for days.
These machine is a little more expensive..whisper mills run about $200.00 and I think they have even gone up a little. 

Some people think it is so much work and so much more money to eat healthy. Well in some cases it is true. But Tay and I decided we would rather spend a little more money to eat healthy and take care of the bodies we are so blessed to have. Health always comes back to bit people when they are older and then you end up spending so much money on medical bills which cost way more then buying healthy foods...just saying. 
I am not trying portray myself as these perfect healthy person..because I am not. I eat my fair share of cookies, brownies, pizza, etc. although it is all in moderation..as we have all heard before.
I was blessed to be raised by a Father that really taught each one of his kids how to take care of our bodies in a healthy manner. It took me 15 yrs to finally like mush!
 We had two options in Dad's home..eat it or go hungry.
 I am not nearly as good as he is but I want to one day ingrain in my little people how important it is to eat healthy.  


1 comments:

::dallas:: said...

i love this!! i need to get me all 3 of these!!

Post a Comment